- The rides are open to all competent cyclists and the entry fee is only £4.00 (non re-fundable once your entry is accepted)
- Entries will be taken on the day, but there is a limit of 200 riders due to concerns re catering and other facilities. Entries are accepted on a "First come, first served" basis.
- To avoid a wasted journey, you are therefore advised to pre-enter by sending a cheque, payable to the “Leicestershire Road Club” for £4.00 per rider. PLEASE BE SURE TO STATE WHICH EVENT AND DISTANCE YOU ARE ENTERING. As our bank will not accept cheques payable to "Leicester" Road Club, we cannot accept them. Take care to use the correct name (Leicestershire, not Leicester).
- Address for entries : - Leicestershire Road Club, c/o 92 Balmoral Road, Mountsorrel, Loughborough, Leics, LE12 7EN
- To keep costs down, no receipt or postal acknowledgement of your pre-entry will be sent (unless the event is already oversubscribed), but we will send an email acknowledgement if you supply an email address with your entry. If you cannot give an email address, give an evening/weekend landline telephone number.
- Sorry, but we cannot accept internet entries.
- You will have to sign a disclaimer at the start on the day ( click here for the wording). If you do not agree to the conditions thereon, please do not enter.
- If you are under 18yrs of age on the day of the event, a COMPLETED Parent’s Consent Form MUST be brought with you to the event Click here for a form.
- You are given a detailed route sheet (click the links on the appropriate pages of this web site for a copy) with clear instructions that were “written from the saddle”. You are expected to find your own way round and be self reliant.
- The route uses all public roads, and most are fairly quiet country roads once away from the vicinity of the HQ.
- No special warning signs have been erected, as those already supplied by the local authorities are perfectly adequate. Please take notice of them and any warnings written on your route sheet. The route avoids, as much as is practical, “dangerous” roads, but you should nevertheless, take care at all times.
- The wearing of crash helmets is not compulsory.
- Whilst the distances and time limits do not seem as onerous as some other events, remember that the rides are in February, the coldest month of the year, and all the routes go over high ground. So you can expect tough conditions - we have seen snow in previous years!
- Please remember that this is NOT a “Sportive” nor a “Race” and there are NO route markers, sag wagons, feed stations (but all routes pass a café), electronic timing, or result sheets.
- An emergency telephone number is printed on the bottom the route sheet, but this is only to offer advice, not to provide practical help.
THERE IS NO SAG WAGGON (PICK UP TRUCK) remember the entry fee is only £4!
TO AVOID ANNOYING OTHER ROAD USERS PLEASE DO NOT RIDE IN LARGE GROUPS
page updated 4/2/12